Terms and conditions
Columbia Beach Resort policies
Terms and conditions
The following Terms and Conditions, together with the content in this website, form the basis of your contract with Columbia Beach Resort. Please read them carefully as they set out our respective rights and obligations.
1. Check-in and Check-out Times: Guests may check-in as from 14.00 hours on the day of arrival. If a guest has not checked-in by 16.00 hours, the hotel is entitled to re-let the room unless the guest has notified the hotel that he/she will be arriving late. On departure, guests must vacate their rooms and check-out by no later than 12.00 noon. Failure to do so will entitle the hotel to charge late check-out fees or an additional night.
2. Making your online reservation: To make a reservation, you must go to our Online Reservations page. The person making the reservation (“the party leader”) must be at least 18 years old and must be authorised to make the reservation on the basis of these Terms and Conditions, by all persons named on the reservation. By making a reservation, the party leader confirms that he/she is so authorised and that all party members agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The party leader is responsible for making all payments due to us.
3. Payment: Subject to availability, our online reservation system will confirm your reservation as soon as the total or some of the accommodation cost is deducted from the credit card provided at the time of the online reservation. You can either pay a 15% deposit and complete the settlement upon checkout or pay the full amount at the time of booking. If the booking is made three days prior to arrival then full payment is the only option The reservation confirmation will be sent to the party leader via email by our online reservation system. Please check this reservation confirmation carefully as soon as you receive it. Contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org if any information, which appears on the reservation confirmation, seems to be incorrect or incomplete as it may not be possible to make changes later. Any extra costs incurred during the course of your stay must be paid directly to the hotel upon departure. After payment has been processed a purchase with the name << billing descriptor.. will be provided by SIX>> will appear in your bank statement.
Legal name: Columbia Hotels & Resorts Ltd
Legal address: Spyrou Kyprianou, 21
Germasogeia, 4042, Limassol, Cyprus
4. Contract: A binding contract between us comes into existence when we dispatch our reservation confirmation to the party leader. Cyprus law governs this contract and all matters arising out of it. We both agree that any dispute, claim or other matter, which arises out of or in connection with this contract, will be dealt with by the Courts of Cyprus only. Changes to these Terms and Conditions or the content shown in our website will only be valid if agreed by us in writing.
5. Amend your online reservation: Should you wish to amend your confirmed online reservation, login to our platform using your username and password and proceed with any amendments, or please email us at email@example.com. Any amendments to the arrival date, departure date or room type of the confirmed online reservation is subject to the hotel's availability, at the time the amendment is requested and may result in a possible rate change. Also, amendments to confirmed online reservations can be made provided it is prior to the cancellation period, otherwise you are liable to cancellation fees.
6. Cancellation Policies: Cancellations made up to 3 days (including the third day) prior to arrival are fully refundable (even in the case of a client prepaying the whole amount). Cancellations received later (one or two days before arrival) the deposit is not refundable nor transferable. In the case of a "no show" the 15% deposit will not be refundable.
7. Child Policy: Columbia Beach Resort recognises children as being 11 or under. Please be aware that individuals over 12 will be classed as adults and charged accordingly. Children up to 2 years old in all Suites will be accommodated in a cot at no extra charge.
8. Warranties: a) You warrant that every instruction and all information given by you to Columbia Beach Resort is accurate, true and correct. b) Columbia Beach Resort makes no warranties, representations, statements or guarantees (whether express, implied in law or residual) regarding the website, any services provided via this website or the suitability of any of the services for a particular purpose. As Columbia Beach Resort provides certain services to you via the Internet, Columbia Beach Resort makes no representations, nor gives any warranties or guarantees of any nature as to the availability of any communications network or systems of any third party on whom you or Columbia Beach Resort rely to provide any of the services.
9. Website Content: Occasionally, we have to make changes to and correct errors in the website content both before and after reservations have been confirmed. Whilst we always endeavour to avoid changes, we must reserve the right to do so. If we have to make any changes, we will inform you as soon as possible.
10. Right of Refusal: The hotel reserves the right to refuse a guest entry and accommodation if, on arrival, management reasonably considers that the guest is under the influence of drink or drugs, is unsuitably dressed or is behaving in a threatening, abusive or otherwise unacceptable manner.
11. Disturbance: The hotel reserves the right to require a guest to leave if he/she is causing a disturbance, annoying other guests or hotel staff or is behaving in an unacceptable manner.
12. Hotel Rules: Guests shall comply with all reasonable rules and procedures in effect at the hotel, including but not limited to health and safety and security procedures and statutory requirements as to registration. Guests shall not bring their own food or drink into the hotel for consumption at the hotel.
13. Losses and Liabilities: Guests must report any loss of or damage to their property, immediately upon discovery to the hotel's reception staff or other appropriate staff members, and shall make themselves available to assist with any reports made by the hotel to the police.
- Guests shall not enter areas of the hotel which are indicated as being closed to the public. The hotel shall not be responsible for death, personal injury or loss or damage to property suffered by a guest in such areas.
- The hotel shall not be liable to a guest for any loss or damage to property caused by the misconduct or negligence of a guest or an act of God, or where the guest remains in exclusive charge of the property concerned.
- The hotel shall not be liable for any failure or delay in performing any of its obligations under these Terms and Conditions if the failure or delay was due to any cause beyond its reasonable control, including (without limitation) war or threat of war, civil or political action or disturbance, riot, natural disaster, fire, epidemic, bad weather, terrorist activity (threatened or actual), military activity, governmental or regulatory action, industrial dispute, act of God, failure of power or machinery, failure of or interruption in externally provided services and utilities, and all similar events outside the hotel’s control.
- Whilst all reasonable efforts have been taken by the hotel to ensure that reservations made under these Terms and Conditions are able to proceed, the hotel reserves the right to relocate any reservation to another hotel of similar size and standard in the locality. The client acknowledges that the hotel accepts no liability for any loss or damage suffered by or caused to the client in consequence of the relocation of the client.
- The hotel is not liable for any loss or damage caused to a guest's vehicle, unless caused by the hotel's willful misconduct.
- Guests will be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury they may cause at the Hotel.
14. Area of Jurisdiction-governing law: These Terms and Conditions are subject to the Laws of the Republic of Cyprus and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Cyprus.
15. Amendment to these Terms and Conditions: Columbia Beach Resort reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. This Agreement cannot otherwise be altered without prior consultation and agreement with Columbia Beach Resort.
16. Use of Personal Information: The person purchasing and/or booking services from this website agrees that these Terms and Conditions are reasonable. The user consents to the use of his personal information by Columbia Beach Resort and/or the owner of this website and/or its third party suppliers for the purpose of providing the services contracted.
Columbia Hotels & Resorts LTD’s Data Protection Policy
Personal information and data is collected when you access and use our website, make a booking on our website, or register with us. In ensuring that we protect your privacy in accordance with the provisions of the applicable data protection laws, we follow the strictest security procedures and protocols when it comes to the storage and disclosure of said personal information.
To protect your privacy and personal information, Columbia Hotels & Resorts LTD confirms that:
Columbia Hotels & Resorts LTD will not loan, rent or sell to any third parties any personal details that have been passed on to us without explicit prior permission.
1. What information do we collect, and how is it used or shared?
If you have registered to receive our newsletter your e-mail address is only available to us for the distribution of the newsletter and not forwarded to any other third parties. Personal information provided by you when making an online reservation on our website, is shared only with our reservations department to facilitate the process (hereinafter referred to as “personal data”) which includes:
- Your name, email address, physical address, phone number, date of birth, country location, and payment card information (to the extent this information is provided by you);
- Information relating to your membership in one of our services or programmes;
- Information about how you use our website, products, and services; and
- Information made during the course of your reservation, such as your preferred suite type and specific requests to the Resort.
2. For what purpose might this personal data be used?
i. Registering you as a new user of our services and managing our relationship with you as a registered user;
ii. Providing our reservation services for our Resort and facilities to you;
iii. Internal analysis purposes;
iv. To the extent that you have consented to being contacted for marketing purposes, we will use your personal data to provide you with email newsletters, surveys, and any other communication for the purposes of advertising and marketing of our services as well as providing you with targeted advertisements on our website or third-party websites; for a list of these, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
v. Maintaining legal records and accounts for the time periods required by European/Cyprus law or where needed to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; and
vi. Where it is necessary, to establish and/or exercise our legitimate interests (or those of a third-party), and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
3. How might your personal data be disclosed?
We may have to share your personal data internally to the extent that is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data was collected, and with some third-party companies under specific contract terms in accordance with the applicable laws, whose services we employ to conduct our business or in relation to any supply of products and services by us; for a list of these, please email email@example.com.
Disclosure of your personal data may also be required in order to comply with any applicable laws.
In the instances where you have consented to the use of your personal data for the purposes of advertising and/or marketing, we may share your personal data with third-party online service providers* who may be located outside of the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data outside of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it, and that all third parties respect the security of your personal data and treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
4. Is personal data used for marketing communications?
Yes, as previously mentioned, but we will only send you marketing emails that you have signed up for. You can opt out of our advertising and marketing communications at any time by any of the following methods:
i. Selecting the UNSUBSCRIBE link included in our emails;
ii. Editing your Columbia Hotels & Resorts LTD website account profile to change your communication preferences;
iii. Contacting our Data Protection Officer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. How long is personal data retained?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Information you provide to us will remain in our records for a period not less than 2 years and not more than 6 years in accordance to the Data Protection Act (DPA) REGULATION (EU) 2016/679.
7. What are your legal rights?
Duty to inform us of changes:
It is important that the personal data that we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes at any time.
Rights in connection with personal data:
Under certain circumstances, you have the right by law to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data that we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected;
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us to continue processing it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information, which override your rights and freedoms;
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you if we no longer require it to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; and
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal data, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal data to another party, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
8. Our Data Protection Officer
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small amount of data that a website places on your computer.
Do all cookies do the same thing? No, there are different types of cookies and different ways of using them. Cookies can be categorised according to their function, their lifespan and according to who places them on a website.
- Technical cookies: We use technical cookies to show you our website, to make it function correctly, to create your user account, to sign you in and to manage your bookings. Absolutely necessary for our website to operate properly.
- Functional cookies: We also use functional cookies to remember your preferences and to help you to use our website efficiently and effectively, for example by remembering your preferred currency and language, your searches and the accommodation you viewed earlier. Not strictly necessary for the functioning of our website, but are extra functionalities that enhance your experience.
- Analytics cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use the website, to find out what works and what doesn't, to optimise and improve our website and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which web pages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used, date and time stamp information and details such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you type while using our website.
- Commercial cookies: We use these to show you Columbia Beach Resort advertisements on other websites. This is called “retargeting” and it aims to be based on the destinations you have been searching for and the accommodation you have viewed.
How long do Columbia Hotels & Resorts LTD cookies stay active? The cookies we use have varying lifespans. The maximum lifespan we set on some of them is five years from your last visit to our website. You can erase all cookies from your browser any time you want to. To remove columbiaresort.com cookies from your browser, go to the following link (please note that when you click on this link, all Columbia Beach Resort cookies will be removed immediately).
How can you recognise Columbia Hotels & Resorts LTD cookies? You can find our cookies in your browser settings.
Does Columbia Hotels & Resorts LTD use third-party cookies? Yes, Columbia Hotels & Resorts LTD uses the services of trusted and recognised online advertising and marketing companies. Columbia Hotels & Resorts LTD may also use third-party providers for analytical purposes. To enable their services, these companies need to place cookies. The providers we use are committed to building consumer awareness and establishing responsible business and data management practices and standards.
Who has access to Columbia Hotels & Resorts LTD cookie data? Only Columbia Hotels & Resorts LTD has access to www.columbiaresort.com cookies. Cookies placed by third parties can be accessed by these third parties.
How can you manage your cookie preferences? Using your browser settings in, for example, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find these settings depends on which browser you use. Use the "Help" function in your browser to locate the settings you need. If you choose not to accept certain cookies, you may not be able to use some functions on our website. And opting out of an online advertising network does not mean that you will no longer receive or be subject to online advertising or marketing analysis. It means that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and browsing patterns.
Does Columbia Hotels & Resorts LTD use web beacons? As well as using cookies, Columbia Beach Resort sometimes uses web beacons. A web beacon is a tiny graphic image of just one pixel that’s delivered to your computer either as part of a web page request or in an HTML email message. Either directly or through service providers, we use these pixels as part of our online advertisements either on our website or on third-party websites to learn whether a user who is being shown an online advertisement also makes a reservation; to track conversion with partner websites and to analyse the traffic patterns of users to optimise the travel-related services we bring to you.
10. Security Policy
Your security is of paramount importance. Columbia Hotels & Resorts LTD and its partners use recognised SSL (secure socket layer) encryption technology to safeguard your information. We review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to systems; and we restrict access to personal data to Columbia Hotels & Resorts LTD employees, contractors, and agents on a need-to-know basis for processing purposes, who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations, using the latest encryption technology.
Newsletter service: Mailchimp
Hotel Management System: Fidelio
Online reservations system: Profitroom
Maximum 1 dog per suite at €20.00 per night.
Maximum weight: 27kg / 60lbs.
Maximum size: Large.
Pet must be fully trained and appropriately restrained by guest. Pet must comply with local legislation and vaccinations requirements. Pet must be kept on a leash when on Resort property unless it is in the guest's suite. Pet must not be left unattended. If guest requires pet supplies, they should contact the guest services with advance notice.
Pet is not allowed in any indoor food and beverage outlets, health club, pool areas and lawn of the Resort. This exclusion does not apply to guide dogs. Guests are responsible for cleaning up after their pet on Resort property and in the neighbourhood. Any disturbances such as barking must be curtailed to ensure other guests are not inconvenienced. Guests must contact the housekeeping department to arrange for a convenient time for servicing their room.
Guests are responsible for all property damages and/or personal injuries resulting from their pet. Guests agree to compensate and hold harmless the hotel, its owners and its operator from all liability and damage suffered as a result of the guest's pet. The Resort reserves the right to charge guest's account commensurate to the cost of such damages.
The Resort reserves the right to refuse entry to the Resort and its areas at any time without any prior given notice or reason.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your treatment, when you will be requested to complete a health and lifestyle questionnaire. Time loss through late arrival may result in shortened treatments without a refund.
We kindly request that guests do not wear jewellery when using the Spa. For safety reasons, valuables must be deposited in the room safe. Hébe Spa is not responsible for loss or damage to guests’ personal belongings.
Persons under the age of 16 are not allowed in the Gym, or Jacuzzi area and may not book a treatment. Children’s swimming time in the indoor pool is from 9.00am to 1.00pm in the summer and 9.00am to 2.00pm in the winter. Children must be accompanied by parents at all times.
For in-house guests, we recommend wearing the robe and slippers provided in your guest suite. Alternatively, we can provide you with a robe and slippers at our spa. During some spa treatments you will be provided with a disposable undergarment by our therapist and you will be draped appropriately at all times. Kindly note, swimwear is compulsory while using any public areas of the spa.
Taking a treatment
It is highly recommended to book your appointments well in advance. To avoid any disappointment, either phone our Spa reception on extension 765 from your suite or 25 833765 or visit Hébe Spa personally.
All our therapists are trained to ensure your privacy and comfort at all times. During treatments, please let your therapist know if you are comfortable or uncomfortable, too warm or too cold, or if their pressure is too light or too firm. Your comfort and care is our greatest concern and priority.
For best results we recommend that men shave a few hours prior if having a facial treatment. We also recommend that ladies remove all make-up before any spa treatments.
If you have a particular injury or physical condition, please explain it to the therapist. They can suggest appropriate adjustments to the treatment for your comfort and enhancement. There is no pressure to talk during a treatment. It is entirely up to you. If you have any questions or would like to talk, certainly do so. The therapist will take their cues from you. If you are quiet, they will be too.
Please note that a 50% cancellation fee will apply should you cancel your appointment less than 12 hours prior to the scheduled time or should you not show up for the appointment.
To preserve Hébe Spa’s tranquil environment, we respectfully request that you leave your mobile phones switched off in your locker. This is the time for your body and mind to release worries and stresses of the day. Please remember Hébe Spa is a non smoking area. Please conduct all conversations at levels consistent with a relaxing spa environment.
Sauna and steam room
Kindly shower before using the sauna, steam room or swimming pool. A towel should always be placed on the sauna bench when sitting, due to being a common area. Please do not add oils or other products to the sauna bucket without first speaking to a member of staff.
Gym and fitness areas
Please place a towel provided between you and the fitness equipment when exercising and wipe down after use. Use of all gym equipment is purely at the individual’s own responsibility and risk. Squash and tennis courts are by appointment and subject to availability. Appropriate fitness attire is required at all times.
Hébe Spa gift vouchers
Gift vouchers are available upon request. Our team members will be happy to advise you. If you already have a gift voucher, please remember to bring it with you on the day of use, to hand to Spa reception.
Hébe Spa Membership
A variety of options are available. Please contact Spa Reception for more details.
Daily from 9.00am to 8.00pm
All facilities are subject to availability.
Columbia Beach Resort guests may pick up their towels either at Hébe Spa or from one of three towel stations. Towel stations serve all Resort in-house guests, spa members, and non-resident day guests.
A towel should always be placed on sauna benches between the person and the bench.
Please shower before entering the pool to remove bacteria and chemicals (sun lotions, perfumes and cosmetics) from your skin, or after the use of the toilet.
Children in nappies are not allowed into the pool, special swimming pants may be used. Both adults and children who are suffering from or have recently experienced an incident of diarrhoea should not use the pool. Parents, please avoid changing nappies by the poolside. Both adults and children who are suffering from skin infections, or open wounds should not use the pool.
No spitting, no nose blowing. No dangerous games in and around the pool. No splashing. No diving. No pets.
Children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
This pool is open from 9.00am to 7.00pm. No lifeguard on duty after 7.00pm. Swimming during the night is not allowed.
In case of an emergency, please refer to the staff on duty.