Columbia Hotels & Resorts LTD’s Data Protection Policy
Personal information and data is collected when you access and use our website, make a booking on our website, or register with us. In ensuring that we protect your privacy in accordance with the provisions of the applicable data protection laws, we follow the strictest security procedures and protocols when it comes to the storage and disclosure of said personal information.
To protect your privacy and personal information, Columbia Hotels & Resorts LTD confirms that:
Columbia Hotels & Resorts LTD will not loan, rent or sell to any third parties any personal details that have been passed on to us without explicit prior permission.
1. What information do we collect, and how is it used or shared?
If you have registered to receive our newsletter your e-mail address is only available to us for the distribution of the newsletter and not forwarded to any other third parties. Personal information provided by you when making an online reservation on our website, is shared only with our reservations department to facilitate the process (hereinafter referred to as “personal data”) which includes:
- Your name, email address, physical address, phone number, date of birth, country location, and payment card information (to the extent this information is provided by you);
- Information relating to your membership in one of our services or programmes;
- Information about how you use our website, products, and services; and
- Information made during the course of your reservation, such as your preferred suite type and specific requests to the Resort.
2. For what purpose might this personal data be used?
i. Registering you as a new user of our services and managing our relationship with you as a registered user;
ii. Providing our reservation services for our Resort and facilities to you;
iii. Internal analysis purposes;
iv. To the extent that you have consented to being contacted for marketing purposes, we will use your personal data to provide you with email newsletters, surveys, and any other communication for the purposes of advertising and marketing of our services as well as providing you with targeted advertisements on our or third-party websites;
v. Maintaining legal records and accounts for the time periods required by European/Cyprus law or where needed to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; and
vi. Where it is necessary, to establish and/or exercise our legitimate interests (or those of a third-party), and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
3. How might your personal data be disclosed?
We may have to share your personal data internally to the extent that is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data was collected, and with some third-party companies under specific contract terms in accordance with the applicable laws, whose services we employ to conduct our business or in relation to any supply of products and services by us.
Disclosure of your personal data may also be required in order to comply with any applicable laws.
In the instances where you have consented to the use of your personal data for the purposes of advertising and/or marketing, we may share your personal data with third-party online service providers* who may be located outside of the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data outside of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it, and that all third parties respect the security of your personal data and treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
4. Is personal data used for marketing communications?
Yes, as previously mentioned, but we will only send you marketing emails that you have signed up for. You can opt out of our advertising and marketing communications at any time by any of the following methods:
i. Selecting the UNSUBSCRIBE link included in our emails;
ii. Editing your Columbia Hotels & Resorts LTD website account profile to change your communication preferences;
5. How long is personal data retained?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
7. What are your legal rights and duties?
Duty to inform us of changes:
It is important that the personal data that we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes at any time.
Rights in connection with personal data:
Under certain circumstances you have the right by law to:
• Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data that we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
• Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected;
• Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us to continue processing it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• Object to processing of your personal data. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information, which override your rights and freedoms;
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you if we no longer require it to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; and
• Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal data, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal data to another party, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Our Data Protection Officer
. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Data Protection Commissioner’s Office, the Republic of Cyprus’ supervisory authority for data protection issues.
1. What is a cookie? A cookie is a small amount of data that a website places on your computer.
3. Do all cookies do the same thing? No, there are different types of cookies and different ways of using them. Cookies can be categorised according to their function, their lifespan and according to who places them on a website.
o Technical cookies: We use technical cookies to show you our website, to make it function correctly, to create your user account, to sign you in and to manage your bookings. Absolutely necessary for our website to operate properly. Functional cookies: We also use functional cookies to remember your preferences and to help you to use our website efficiently and effectively, for example by remembering your preferred currency and language, your searches and the accommodation you viewed earlier. Not strictly necessary for the functioning of our website, but are extra functionalities that enhance your experience. Analytics cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use the website, to find out what works and what doesn't, to optimise and improve our website and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which web pages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used, date and time stamp information and details such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you type while using our website. Commercial cookies: We use these to show you Columbia Beach Resort advertisements on other websites. This is called “retargeting” and it aims to be based on the destinations you have been searching for and the accommodation you have viewed.
5. How long do Columbia Hotels & Resorts LTD cookies stay active? The cookies we use have varying lifespans. The maximum lifespan we set on some of them is five years from your last visit to our website. You can erase all cookies from your browser any time you want to. To remove columbiaresort.com cookies from your browser, go to the following link (please note that when you click on this link, all Columbia Beach Resort cookies will be removed immediately).
6. How can you recognise Columbia Hotels & Resorts LTD cookies? You can find our cookies in your browser settings.
7. Does Columbia Hotels & Resorts LTD use third-party cookies? Yes, Columbia Hotels & Resorts LTD uses the services of trusted and recognised online advertising and marketing companies. Columbia Hotels & Resorts LTD may also use third-party providers for analytical purposes. To enable their services, these companies need to place cookies. The providers we use are committed to building consumer awareness and establishing responsible business and data management practices and standards.
8. Who has access to Columbia Hotels & Resorts LTD cookie data? Only Columbia Hotels & Resorts LTD has access to www.columbiaresort.com
cookies. Cookies placed by third parties can be accessed by these third parties.
9. How can you manage your cookie preferences? Using your browser settings in, for example, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find these settings depends on which browser you use. Use the "Help" function in your browser to locate the settings you need. If you choose not to accept certain cookies, you may not be able to use some functions on our website. And opting out of an online advertising network does not mean that you will no longer receive or be subject to online advertising or marketing analysis. It means that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and browsing patterns.
10. Does Columbia Hotels & Resorts LTD use web beacons? As well as using cookies, Columbia Beach Resort sometimes uses web beacons. A web beacon is a tiny graphic image of just one pixel that’s delivered to your computer either as part of a web page request or in an HTML email message. Either directly or through service providers, we use these pixels as part of our online advertisements either on our website or on third-party websites to learn whether a user who is being shown an online advertisement also makes a reservation; to track conversion with partner websites and to analyse the traffic patterns of users to optimise the travel-related services we bring to you.
10. Security Policy
Your security is of paramount importance. Columbia Hotels & Resorts LTD and its partners use recognized SSL (secure socket layer) encryption technology to safeguard your information. We review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to systems; and we restrict access to personal data to Columbia Hotels & Resorts LTD employees, contractors, and agents on a need-to-know basis for processing purposes, who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations, using the latest encryption technology.
Newsletter service: Mailchimp
Hotel Management System: Fidelio
Online reservations system: HORS