Words of Wisdom: Top 10 Travel Quotes by Women, for Women
In honour of International Women’s Day, we’re presenting 10 powerful travel-related quotes delivered by 10 powerful women
Whilst March 8 will see the world unite to #PressForProgress – a campaign theme that aims to stir people, communities, and society to action in a bid to end gender inequality – this year’s International Women’s Day also serves as an important reminder of the power of reflection.
Part of pressing for progress, of course, is recognising one’s inherent power, and positively sharing this mastery with friends and family.
Being in the business of travel – itself a means of expanding one’s mind and enriching one’s soul – we’ve collected 10 epiphanic quotes written by women, for women, about travel, adventures, and journeys, as words of wisdom to live by.
1. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing” – Helen Keller
2. “Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends” – Maya Angelou
3. “If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you are always in the same place” – Nora Roberts
4. “I soon realized that no journey carries one far unless, as it extends into the world around us, it goes an equal distance into the world within” – Lillian Smith
5. “I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it” – Rosalia de Castro
6. “An adventure may be worn as a muddy spot or it may be worn as a proud insignia. It is the woman wearing it who makes it the one thing or the other” – Norma Shearer
7. “Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living” – Mary Ritter Beard
8. “Life shrinks or expands in proportion with one’s courage” – Anaïs Nin
9. “You can’t control the past, but you can control where you go next” – Kirsten Hubbard
10. “As a woman I have no country. As a woman my country is the whole world” – Virginia Woolf