Green Tea: 5 Ways to Use its Superpowers!
Unbeknownst to many, green tea possesses superpowers that elevate it beyond the realm of being a mere beverage.
And, as the days begin to cool against the backdrop of the sun slumbering earlier than usual, we felt inspired by our partner, Elemis’, top tips for how to embrace green tea, and beat those winter blues.
“So,” Elemis challenges us, “Go forth and brew…then check out our favourite ways to work more green tea into our lives.”
1. Let them eat cake: Mix your sugar, eggs, butter, flour, and baking powder together, adding some green tea powder thereafter to taste, and voila! An innovative twist on a good, old classic cake: perfect for Sunday afternoon baking.
2. Beat the mid-week slump: As the week seemingly drags on, and your energy levels slump, treat yourself to a little healthy energy kick in the form of a green coconut latte. Simply mix some green tea powder into a paste with boiling water, top with frothy coconut milk and add a sugar-free sweetener to taste.
3. The road to radiant skin: If you feel your skin’s lustre fading as the winter days grow colder, simply brew a cup of green tea and let it cool. Add a pinch of turmeric and lemon juice, thereafter applying to your skin with a cotton wool pad. Rinse well, and appreciate your skin’s new glow.
4. Relax and recharge: There’s nothing like a steaming hot bath to warm the cockles on a cold autumn night. Let eight green tea bags steep in a bath three-quarters full for 20 minutes. Then top with hot water and add a sprinkle of Epsom salts to send you into a blissed-out mode.
5. Freshen that fridge: Unbeknownst to many, green tea actually has odour-eating powers. Pop some leaves into a small muslin or cheesecloth, stow it in the fridge and those long-lingering food smells will be gone.
Elemis products are available to purchase atHébe Spa at Columbia Beach Resort. Moreover, a host of treatments brought to life using the world-renowned products are on offer. For further details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org 25 833 765