Columbia Halloumi Bread
Serve your halloumi bread with an olive salad
You will need:
– Large mixing bowl
– Baking sheet
– Baking tray
• 500g plain flour
• 15g salt
• 20g instant yeast
• 80ml olive oil
• 180ml tepid water
• 150g halloumi cheese, cubed
• 2tablespoons dried mint
– In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, salt, yeast, olive oil, and water together to form a smooth dough.
– Knead until smooth.
– Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with cling film and leave in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
– Break down the dough and mix in the halloumi and dried mint.
– Shape the dough into a ball, place on a greased baking sheet, cover and leave to rise in a warm place for another hour.
– Preheat the oven to 230ºC/gas mark 8.
– Bake the bread for 30 minutes until golden and cooked through.
– Cool the bread on a wire rack
Kali sas orexi!