Columbia Beach Resort launches new culinary concept at Cape Aspro
Columbia Beach Resort has introduced a sharing concept at its speciality seafood restaurant Cape Aspro, with a brand new menu dedicated to offering guests seafood-centric sharing platters. Providing guests with a mouth-watering journey of Mediterranean-inspired delights, Cape Aspro uses the very best of the region’s seafood with dishes expertly created by the Resort’s Executive Chef, Ioannis Giakoumidis.
This new menu provides a more relaxed dining option with little yet luscious sharing plates that allow guests to choose a selection of delicacies to taste test. Cape Aspro’s unique sharing plates include Cypriot inspired dishes such as ‘Ouzo Bites’ as well as more recognised Mediterranean classics.
Introducing guests to a meze of seafood delights, the menu includes dishes such as:
– Ouzo Bites: A selection of Cypriot flavour infused dishes including octopus marinated in vinegar, smoked mussels, fish ‘pastourma’ (a take on the spicy, traditional village sausage), rich black olives, tart green olives “tsakistes”, and creamy taramasalata spread
– Clams Aglio Olio: This elegant dish is infused with garlic, chili, and white wine
– Whole King Calamari: Grilled whole calamari prepared with a Mediterranean twist and served with tabbouleh
– Lobster ‘Sheftalia’: A take on the traditional caul fat-wrapped sausages typically made with pork, our version is enhanced with a sumac garlic yogurt sauce
– Grilled Cuttlefish: Set on boiled wild greens and served with an olive oil dressing, this dish is a classic example of Mediterranean culinary inspiration
– Pop Corn Baby Shrimp: Served with an innovative twist of spicy aioli this dish of deep-fried whole baby shrimps is truly moreish
Comments Ioannis Giakoumidis, Executive Chef, Columbia Beach Resort: “The team and I work tirelessly to ensure that our culinary creations are always fresh, fun and innovative. The new culinary concept at Cape Aspro is founded in the traditional tapas style of food sharing but, of course, with our unique Cypriot twist.
Our goal is always to ensure that guests’ appetites are satisfied and that they leave Resort and head home with a new found love for food. Gastronomy for us isn’t just a passing trend, it is our way of life and we hope that shines through for guests sampling our creations”.
Named for the white cliffs that embrace Pissouri Bay, Cape Aspro offers the ultimate in al fresco dining. As day turns to night, guests can savour an exotic cocktail and behold the kaleidoscope of colours as the sun begins to set. A table at Cape Aspro is highly coveted in the warmer months thanks to its elevated position overlooking the bay. The new sharing menu at Cape Aspro is available now.