10 Inspirational Quotes to Celebrate International Women’s Day
Sunday, March 8th marks International Women’s Day, the theme of which this year is encapsulated in the succinct though no less powerful statement proclaiming: An Equal World is an Enabled World.
Indeed, Columbia Beach Resort holds this statement dear throughout the year, with our overall operation invaluably supported by a significant number of inspired, passionate and uniquely capable female workforce members.
Today, we celebrate their achievements and contribution to Columbia Beach Resort and extend a heartfelt thanks for their continued commitment.
In doing so – and in spreading a little inspiration (or confirmation!) for whomever may need it – we asked our team members for their favourite quotes pertaining to the power of women.
Below are the top ten selected:
1. “Here’s to strong women: May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.” –Unknown
2. “To tell a woman everything she cannot do is to tell her what she can.” –Spanish Proverb
3. “The best protection any woman can have is courage.” –Elizabeth Cady Stanton
4. “If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it.” –Margaret Fuller
5. “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” –Maya Angelou
6. “I believe a strong woman may be stronger than a man, particularly if she happens to have love in her heart. I guess a loving woman is indestructible.” – John Steinbeck
7. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
8. “The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
9. “I alone cannot change the world. But I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” – Mother Theresa
10. “I am neither a man nor a woman but an author.” – Charlotte Bronte