With its varied landscape and bounty of sunny days, Cyprus is ideal for budding cyclists wishing to acquaint themselves with nature, and discover the island up close and personal.
Columbia Beach Resort is home to a the only championship professional cycling centre, BikeCyprus, which is under the direction of two-time former Swiss cycling champion, Thomas Wegmüller, and offers mechanical, guided, and rental-services.
Working periods: Seasonal (February-June and September-December) or upon request for groups
Closed periods: January (when raining) and very hot summer days (if rentals are for a minimum of 3 days, we can assist)
Opening hours: During main seasons 9:00/9:30 or by appointment
Biking Tour Programmes
Below you will find a selection of our mountain bike and road bike tour programmes, some of which are conducted by day, others by sunset. Shuttle transfers are available upon request:
Mountain Bike Tours:
• Turtle Beach Tour: Avdimou-Paramali area; 20-40km; easy (beginners and families)
• Kristal Rocks Tour: Alektora Hills; 25-35km; medium-sportive (intermediate)
• Aphrodite Pass and Rock Tour: Aphrodite hills and trails area; 40km; medium-sportive (intermediate)
• Olive and Wine Villages Shuttle Tour: Omodos-Pachna-Oleastro-Anogyra area; 25-55km; easy (with shuttle transport to Omodos, Pachna or Anogyra for beginners or incentive groups) to sportive
• Pissouri Cliff & Goat Trail Tour: Pissouri Heights, Cliffs and Canyon area; 20-30km; sportive (sunset)
Road Bike Tours:
• Kourion-Akrotiri-Saltlake Tour: Episkopi-Akrotiri area, Salt lake and citrus plantations; 50-90km; 700Hm
• Mandria-Kato Paphos Tour: Farmland and Culture; 50-90km; 700Hm
• Oleastro-Omodos Tour: Olive mill and wine villages; 50-100km; 800-1700Hm
• Kouris Dam-Lofou Tour: Kolossi Tower, Kouris Dam and wine terraces; 90-120km; 1700-2000Hm
• Dora-Maglia Tour: Wind turbines, mountain villages; 70-90km; 1200-1500Hm
• Platres-Troodos Tour: Wine, forest and mountain villages; 110-130km; 2700-3000Hm
• Nata Valley Tour: Aspro dam, Xeros river, Nata Valley; 80-125km; 1100-2000Hm
• Diarizos Valley-Arsospass: Plantations, Diarizos Valley, pass route; 105-130km; 1700-2000Hm
• Avdimou-Alektora-Pissouri Tour: Hills and Canyons; 30-40km; 500-800Hm (sunset special)
Rental Bike Types:
Road racing bike (Rennvelo, Road Cycling):
Standard ALU-Shimano 105: BMC-Granfondo GF02 Compact 50/34, 11-32
Carbon Shimano 105: KRAFT SH105 triple 50-40-30, 12-25/27
Mountain bike (MTB, Hard Tail, Fully):
Standard ALU-Hardtail: KRAFT SH-Deore, front air suspension 100mm
Full suspension: BMC-Speedfox SF02 SH-SLX, front and back air suspension 120mm Add. Only rented together with guided tours!
Standard ALU-Kids bike: Diverse models, only rented for guided tours or together with parents.
About Thomas Wegmüller:
After his remarkable career as a professional cyclist (1987-1994), with legendary wins and podium placements in world cup, classic, and championship races, Thomas joined the entrepreneurial race and, in 1994, he launched VeloferienZypern.com, followed by bikeCyprus.com (both powered by SportServiceTW Ltd.), offering cycling holiday services in Cyprus.