To protect your privacy and personal information, Columbia Beach Resort confirms that:
1. Columbia Beach Resort will not loan, rent or sell to any third parties any personal details that have been passed on to us without explicit prior permission.
2. If you have registered to receive our newsletter your e-mail address is only available to us for the distribution of the newsletter and not forwarded to any other third parties.
Personal information provided by you when making an online reservation on our website, is shared only with our booking (reservations) department to facilitate the process.
3. Your security is of paramount importance. Columbia Beach Resort and its partners use recognized SSL (secure socket layer) encryption technology to safeguard your information.
4. Why did you receive an email from us?
If you received a mailing from us, (a) your email address is either listed with us as someone who has expressly shared this address for the purpose of receiving information in the future ("opt-in"), or (b) you have registered or purchased or otherwise have an existing relationship with us. We respect your time and attention by controlling the frequency of our mailings.
5. How we protect your privacy
We use security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and Alteration of data used by our system.
6. Sharing and Usage
We will never share, sell, or rent individual personal information with anyone without your advance permission or unless ordered by a court of law. Information submitted to us is only available to employees managing this information for purposes of contacting you or sending you emails based on your request for information and to contracted service providers for purposes of providing services relating to our communications with you.
7. How can you stop receiving email from us?
Each email sent contains an easy, automated way for you to cease receiving email from us, or to change your expressed interests. If you wish to do this, simply follow the instructions at the end of any email.
If you have received unwanted, unsolicited email sent via this system or purporting to be sent via this system, please forward a copy of that email with your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
1. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data that a website places on your computer.
Web pages have no memory. If you are surfing from page to page within a website, you will not be recognised as the same user across pages. Cookies enable your browser to be recognised by the website. So cookies are mainly used to remember the choices you have made – choices such as the language you prefer and the currency you use. They will also make sure you are recognised when you return to a website.
3. Do all cookies do the same thing?
No, there are different types of cookies and different ways of using them. Cookies can be categorised according to their function, their lifespan and according to who places them on a website.
We try to give our visitors an advanced and user-friendly website that adapts automatically to their needs and wishes. To achieve this, our website uses the following types of cookie:
• Technical cookies: We use technical cookies to show you our website, to make it function correctly, to create your user account, to sign you in and to manage your bookings. Absolutely necessary for our website to operate properly.
• Functional cookies: We also use functional cookies to remember your preferences and to help you to use our website efficiently and effectively, for example by remembering your preferred currency and language, your searches and the accommodation you viewed earlier. Not strictly necessary for the functioning of our website, but are extra functionalities that enhance your experience.
• Analytics cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use the website, to find out what works and what doesn't, to optimise and improve our website and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which web pages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used, date and time stamp information and details such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you type while using our website.
• Commercial cookies: We use these to show you Columbia Beach Resort advertisements on other websites. This is called “retargeting” and it aims to be based on the destinations you have been searching for and the accommodation you have viewed.
5. How long do Columbia Beach Resort cookies stay active?
The cookies we use have varying lifespans. The maximum lifespan we set on some of them is five years from your last visit to our website. You can erase all cookies from your browser any time you want to. To remove Columbia Beach Resort.com cookies from your browser, go to the following link (please note that when you click on this link, all Columbia Beach Resort cookies will be removed immediately).
6. How can you recognise Columbia Beach Resort cookies?
You can find our cookies in your browser settings.
7. Does Columbia Beach Resort use third-party cookies?
Yes, Columbia Beach Resort uses the services of trusted and recognised online advertising and marketing companies. Columbia Beach Resort may also use third-party providers for analytical purposes. To enable their services, these companies need to place cookies.
The providers we use are committed to building consumer awareness and establishing responsible business and data management practices and standards.
8. Who has access to Columbia Beach Resort cookie data?
Only Columbia Beach Resort has access to www.columbiaresort.com cookies. Cookies placed by third parties can be accessed by these third parties.
9. How can you manage your cookie preferences?
Using your browser settings in, for example, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find these settings depends on which browser you use. Use the "Help" function in your browser to locate the settings you need.
If you choose not to accept certain cookies, you may not be able to use some functions on our website. And opting out of an online advertising network does not mean that you will no longer receive or be subject to online advertising or marketing analysis. It means that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and browsing patterns.
10. Does Columbia Beach Resort use web beacons?
As well as using cookies, Columbia Beach Resort sometimes uses web beacons. A web beacon is a tiny graphic image of just one pixel that’s delivered to your computer either as part of a web page request or in an HTML email message. Either directly or through service providers, we use these pixels as part of our online advertisements either on our website or on third-party websites to learn whether a user who is being shown an online advertisement also makes a reservation; to track conversion with partner websites and to analyse the traffic patterns of users to optimise the travel-related services we bring to you.